Serve creamy fennel soup with slice bagutte
- 5 fennel , chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 8 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 table spoon fresh lemon juice to taste
- Chopped the fennel
- Heat the 2 tablespoon olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat
- Add the onions and cooked until soft
- Add the 1 clove garlic and continue to cook, stirring constantly.
- Increase the heat to high, add chopped fennel and the chicken stock and bring to a boil
- Cook until fennel is very tender. Use blender until very smooth, strain through a fine mesh strainer in to a soup pot
- Add cream and season with salt and black pepper and finish with the lemon juice.