- 4 duck breasts, about 175g/6oz each, skin removed
- ½ tsp Chinese five spice
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 100ml/3½fl oz hoisin sauce
- 8-10 ready-made Chinese-style pancakes (or mini flour tortillas), warmed
- 1 bunch spring onions, cut into matchsticks
- ½ cucumber, halved, seeds removed and cut into matchsticks
Cut the duck into thin strips and toss in the five spice and pepper. Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan or wok and add the duck. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until cooked through, then add the hoisin sauce. Continue to cook for about 1 minute, until the duck is thickly coated with the sauce.
Transfer the duck to a warmed dish, arrange the spring onions and cucumber in a bowl, unwrap the warmed pancakes and allow everyone to dig in and help themselves. The pancakes should be topped with some duck, spring onions, and cucumber, then rolled up to resemble the Chinese classic.