- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chopped celery (diced)
- 1 cup chopped carrot (diced)
- 2 tbsp chopped thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups milk
- 500 gr russet potato, pilled and cut ( diced)
- 1 cup chopped ham (diced)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp hot pepper sauce (optional)
- chopped parsley for garnish
Heat oil and butter in heavy saucepan. Add onion, celery, carrot, and thyme then saute them to get soften.
Sprinkle flour on it and stir until well blended.
Add stock and whisk it, then add milk.
Add potato and stir it, then bring soup to boiling degree
Add cheese at a time, stir it until it melted
- Season soup, with hot pepper souse, salt & pepper
- Garnish it with parsley